Ke Keiki/Sandy

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Something Sweet !!

My weakness has always been sweets, however since going Primal I can barely tolerate any sugar and I stick to my ounce of dark chocolate. One afternoon I had the uncontrollable urge to make some cookies and began searching for a recipe when I stumbled across one from "Mark's Daily Apple" .It was from a member named tabithatoes. Thank you Mark's Daily Apple an Tabithatoes. This is the recipe I used and modified.

Primal cookies:

1 1/4 cup Almond Flour/Meal

1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional)
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon (essential!)
1 large Egg
1/4 cup Honey*
1/4 cup chopped Pecans*

Stir ALL ingredients together until smooth.

Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a really well buttered/greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart from each other. They really like to stick to the pan, so use parchment paper if you have it. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until desired doneness. Allow to cool before removing from pan.

These are soft, fluffy, and chewy around the edges. Also great with chocolate chips!



* I used 2 tbs. of maple syrup in place of the honey
* I used walnuts in place of the pecans
   I also added 1/4 cup unsweetend coconut
   and 1/4 c of 60% dark chocolate chips

These were phenomenal and you can find the original recipe and nutritional facts on "Mark's Daily Apple".

Ke Keiki

No comments:

Post a Comment