Ke Keiki/Sandy

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ribs

 I had decided to have ribs for Memorial Day, and thought, you can't have ribs without potato salad. That would be fine for the family, but maybe I could fix sweet potato salad for myself. What! No sweet potatoes? I did have some butternut squash, why not? Hence, my butternut squash salad was born.



For the Ribs:
I took so long picking out the sides I was running out of time. I decided to Pressure cook the ribs with a dry rub and then put them under the broiler for about 10 minutes. They were awesome and so tender.
Memorial day Ribs
For the salad:
I cubed and steamed the butternut squash, and hard boiled an egg, while they were cooking I whipped up some mayo. Then I mixed it together with a little pickle relish and some salt and pepper.
Butternut Squash Salad

Potato Salad For the family.

For the Mayonnaise:
1/2 cup coconut oil and 1/2 cup bacon drippings
1 egg or 1 egg yolk (I used the whole egg)
2 tbsp coconut vinegar
½ tsp dry mustard
salt & pepper to taste
Add egg, ¼ cup bacon drippings, vinegar, dry mustard, salt/pepper to blender or food processor.  Turn the machine on and slowly pour the remaining fat/oil into the container in a thin, even stream.  Too thin?  Add more oil.  Too thick?  Add a little water.  Cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.
Yield: 1 cup
Yummy Bacon Mayo
 Because the fat/oils solidify in fridge take out and let it sit awhile before using.
Memorial Day Rib and Salad Dinner

1 comment:

  1. I really need some of those ribs... I'm not too good at cooking them but I'm great at eating them.

    ReplyDelete